Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Slow Fade

Take a minute to listen to this song..... the video deals with infidelity but just listen to the lyrics





I've talked with several people recently about this. The thing is no one ever goes to bed one night on fire for God and wakes up the next morning just to turn their back on Him. Sometimes it seems that way from the outside looking in. In truth it's a slow process of gradually letting go until you look around one day in shock at what's become of your life.

I was going to give a personal testimony, but I think I'll hold off on it for now. But for anyone who's on the brink I will say, as hard as it may seem sometimes to hold on... making up ground you've lost is much harder.

And for anyone on the outside watching someone slip..... Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Galatians 6:1
People who are struggling don't need our condemnation, telling everyone else about their faults won't help them, and you never help anyone by ignoring them. Love, compassion, support, direction, encouragement..... that's how we'll help each other win the race.

3 comments:

Sis. Michelle said...

Thank You Sis. Lisa

Lisa said...

Your welcome

Amber said...

Wow...gives me the chills! Touches home for sure! I'm so thankful for our friendship and knowing that your accountability is truth.