Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Escape

 

In Psalm 139 David tells God  “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” 

Very comforting to think about, but I think my kids have taken it as a personal command for themselves.

If I’m in the living room, they are there….”MOOOOOMMMMM!!”. 

If I go outside, they are there……”MOOOOMMMMAAAAA!!”

If I try to leave, they come running……”MOOOMMM!!”

If I go to the bathroom and lock the door and get in the shower and cower in the corner; even there they are knocking on the door and rattling the knob……”MOOOOMMMMMAAAAAA!!”

I love my little blessings and am so very thankful for the privilege of being their mom…… now for the rest of the day I will be answering to Eunice or Gertrude or LouAnn, anything but mom…. let ‘em try to figure that one out!! 

 

 

True story:  I’m standing outside this morning five feet from the van looking at 2 new dents in the hood when Travis walks up. 

Him: What are you looking at?

Me: The car  (that I’m standing right in front of looking straight at!)

Him: What car?  Is mamaw here? I don’t see her car? What car?

Me: MY car…. right there….. the one I’m staring straight at!!!

Him: Oh

Does he do it on purpose just to drive me crazy???

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

oblivious I tell you!!!!!