Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Friday, May 21, 2010

Revelation

***first I just want to say how thankful I am for good friends who give me the benefit of the doubt when what I say and what I intend to say are two totally different things!!***

***also, no we're not in a time warp!.... I wrote this a few days ago and am just now posting it***

There's a little song we sing sometimes that goes "What Jesus has for you to do, nobody else can do". That's all I remember and in my 5 second search I couldn't find the lyrics online, but that's the important part anyway.

Some of my friends are starting a Mom's Heart group. It's a wonderful ministry and I'm really excited for them and for what God is doing. At the same time, for the last few weeks I've been feeling disconnected within myself. I feel I should be doing more with them, but at the same time don't really feel led to anything specific. Today I was out working in the garden and talking with God and it came to me.... I've been feeling disconnected because that's not what God has for me to do. I can't adopt their burdens as my own because this is something God has for them to do, all He wants from me is to just be a part.... not to be in leadership. I can still be excited for them (I am!), pray for them (I do!), and encourage and help and be involved as much as possible (dropping the ball here a little), but God still has something special for me to do and I'll never feel satisfied until I'm doing it. and truly i think this is the whole point of what they're doing... I'm just a little slow on the uptake!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I got home before Brian and the boys last night and had about 20 minutes to myself. I was able to spend most of that time in prayer and lay a lot of things at Jesus' feet. It's not very often that I get to pray without someone climbing on my back or playing with my hair! How great is our God that He will meet us whenever and wherever we are!!



This morning I was doing my Friday morning ritual of paying bills and worrying about money. God always provides so one of these days I'll learn that there's no need to worry. I paid what I could, surrendered the rest to God and started cooking breakfast. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. It was a man coming to pay Brian for some firewood he wanted.... he doesn't have the wood yet and wasn't here to get it, just stopped by to pay for it. Seriously, why do I worry??





One of my favorite hymns

No comments: