Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Monday, May 3, 2010

Odds and Ends







As if this child wasn't adorable enough.....









Now he's snaggle-toothed!!

Can you just see the mischief??? There's a reason I have gray hair!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Brian woke me up at 4:44 Saturday morning to tell me he thought we'd caught some pigs. Sure enough, right outside the bedroom window I could hear all kinds of snorting and squealing and banging around. When the sun came up this is what we saw.....

It's hard to see, but there are ten of 'em in there, and he saw a couple more hanging around the cage when he went out later that morning. They've been coming up behind the house for several years, but in the last few weeks they've gotten bolder and started coming in the yard. When they rooted up my flower bed I'd had enough!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And just in case there was ever any doubt that I've lost my mind......







Peas....... nine rows of peas....... nine LOOONG rows of peas!



And they're going to seem a lot longer when it's 95 degrees out and I'm picking them all by my lonesome.



Potatoes...... they're not so bad.... only two rows and dig
them once and you're done.


See the beautiful cattle panel trellis?? I'm going to try to train my cucumbers to grow up it.... never tried that, we'll see how it goes!!








Anybody up for some yellow squash?? Zucchini??
I think I might have gotten a teeny bit carried
away!









Don't forget the tomatoes..... ninety some-odd tomato plants!!!

Fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato sauce......






And then there's the cantaloupe, okra, corn, pintos, peppers, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce.... and who knows what all else.



Dear Lord, If you'll just get me through this summer I promise to never again claim to be lazy!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,

If those are purple hull peas, I'll come pick them with you in the 95 degree weather!

Lisa said...

You're on!!

Missed you Thursday, hope you can make it this week!