Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Testimony Tuesday

My friend Jen does Thankful Thursday and it looked so fun that I decided to try a Testimony Tuesday!!

My testimony today is one that I haven't given before.... I don't think!

A few months ago I went to the park and then Pizza Hut with some friends, while we were eating I got an optical migraine..... I think that's what it's called, basically an area in my field of vision goes all shimmery. It's like looking at heat waves radiating, very disorienting.... makes me sick to my stomach and leaves a whopper of a head ache afterwards.

This one was a doozy, lasted the entire time we were eating, all while I was running errands, and then for the entire drive home. So by the time we got home I was wiped out. I told the kids to play in their room and I laid down on the sofa.

So while I'm laying there, feeling sorry for myself and hurting to bad to get up and take anything, I started thinking about years ago when I always looked to God for healing from headaches. This was before I started having the migraines and I rarely have regular headaches, but when I did I would pray and every time God instantly took them away. Over the years I got busier and stopped spending as much time with God.... and stopped depending on Him the way I once had. Instead of praying it became second nature to reach for advil.

After a few minutes of thinking of the faith I used to have..... I suddenly realized that my head didn't hurt anymore. I wasn't seeing things, I wasn't nauseated and I didn't feel wiped out.

So today I'm thankful to God for healing me at a time when my faith was low and showing me that I can still depend on Him for everything.

How 'bout you?? Anybody got a testimony??

1 comment:

Katie said...

Our God is a God who heals! Thanks for reminding me! I forget he doesn't just heal my children and my hubby and my friends...he heals me too! Again, thanks for the reminder, Lisa.
Katie