Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Monday, March 1, 2010

Taking It Back

"Well, I went to the enemy's camp

And I took back what he stole from me

Now he's under my feet

He's under my feet

Satan is under my feet"

I had a great time at the mom's conference this weekend. It was my first time to go and I wasn't really sure what it was all about..... but a whole 2 days to get away and spend time with friends.... sign me up!!

I came back feeling refreshed and ready to give this whole mothering thing another go! I feel like my purpose as a mother has been clarified and I have a renewed focus.

But that's not the point of this post....

God moved for me this weekend in a way I really wasn't expecting. It was during the last meeting and I was having to hold my eyelids up to stay awake when Sally started giving a part of her testimony.

I won't go into details, but for a few years there's been an area that I've... not really struggled with, but maybe been holding back a little. Basically what she said was, during a time in her life when she had had a lot of loss, she realized that sometimes we just have to choose to believe.

When things are going wrong, choose to believe that God is good. When prayers aren't being answered, choose to believe that God never fails us. It's a choice. We can choose to focus on everything that's going wrong until it consumes us. Or we can choose to believe God and stand on his word, and when we do that we will begin to see all the good and true things that we would have missed if we'd focused on the bad.

Before this weekend, I could have told you all that and believed it. It's not a new revelation. But somehow, hearing this woman who's lost so much more than I have admit that sometimes it's a struggle, but she still has her joy in the Lord, it really took root in my heart.

So today I'm thankful..... thankful to God for his longsuffering toward me, for his grace and mercy, and for answering the cries of my heart in a way and a place where I least expected it.

No comments: