Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Monday, November 30, 2009

My Firstborn

I looked out the window the other day and this is what I saw


This child just constantly amazes me. It's such a joy to watch him grow up..... and also a little bewildering and very scary.

As far as he's concerned there's nothing he can't do..... and he's usually right! I'm having a hard time letting go and letting him grow up, but he's fighting me tooth and nail so it looks like I don't have a choice.

This summer he started going fishing, all by himself, and driving the tractor to help out around here. A few weeks ago he started cooking his eggs in the morning, all by himself (I do make him wait until I'm in the kitchen to do any cooking that involves the stove!).


And, as of Saturday, he can change a spark plug on Brian's truck..... all by himself!!



There's just no telling what he's going to be up to next. He wants to go deer hunting.... alone. And he wants to run a chainsaw.

Neither of those will be happening any time soon....those are two fights I'm determined to win!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

stick to your guns.....NO GUNS!!!! (alone anyway.)

Katie said...

Love your Blog! Didn't know you had one! Travis is VERY intelligent. How great that more than intellect, he has initiative. A self motivator...how GREAT!