Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Zoo Day

I have a lot on my mind today. I spent the weekend at a Mom Heart conference in Dallas, this was the second year I’ve gone and it just keeps getting better. Soon I’ll write about it but for now I’m still soaking it in and trying to put things into practice.

So instead of that I’ll share our trip to the zoo!

We intended to go Sunday, it was Cade’s birthday and that’s what he picked to do.

Then Brian suggested we wait and go Monday because he had to work Sunday afternoon but would be off Monday… Cade was agreeable so that was our new plan.

Monday morning Brian woke up feeling sick… we hung around for the morning waiting on him to feel better with no luck. I had decided to take them by myself when sweet Cade offered to wait one more day so Brian could go with us.

I am so proud of Cade for being flexible and understanding when plans didn’t work out the way we intended… wish everyone in our family had been so understanding, but we’re still a work in progress!

Brian was still feeling bad this morning so the boys and I loaded up and went without him. I drove the big blue truck to Tyler all by myself… Woohoo!!


100_1243

100_1240







The boys loved the maps and had a great time figuring out where we were and where we should go next. We walked the entire zoo… twice!



100_1246

100_1251

100_1271

The played and played until I finally drug them away. Next time I’ll take my Kindle to entertain me so they can play as long as they want!



100_1252

It was a Good Day!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

How fantastic! We love a great day at the Zoo! Happy Birthday to Cade!

Jennifer Kindle said...

so sorry your plans changed! we are going next week I think if you want to go again :)

Amber said...

Looks like fun!