Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Testimony

 

If you go to church with me you’ve already heard this… so get ready to hear it again!

Last night the boys and I loaded up to head to church, as I backed the truck out I felt a pop.  I’m always driving over stuff in the yard so didn’t think to much about it.  I started to pull forward and felt another pop and then the truck started sliding sideways. 

Brian said the ball joint broke.  In “Lisa Speak” the thingy holding the wheel in place broke and my front wheel went cock-eyed.

I’m so thankful for God’s hand of protection.  Just a few days ago I was driving 70 mph down interstate, just that morning Brian was driving like a crazy person on the back roads here by the house, later that morning I drove the kids to church… not like a crazy person.  

That joint could have broken any of those times, or a few minutes later when we were down the road, and the situation would have been much different.  Instead God allowed it to happen when I was barely rolling in the front yard.

Now you might say, “but wouldn’t it be better for it just to have never broken?”.  I believe many times God does keep things from happening and we just go merrily on our way none the wiser.  But sometimes He allows things to happen so that we can see His hand at work.

We live paycheck to paycheck… and haven’t gotten far enough along in our Dave Ramsey plan to have any savings put up… so I had No Idea how we would pay to have the truck fixed, but these verses from Matthew kept coming to me.

Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

So I just handed it over to God and told Him I trusted Him to provide.

This morning Brian called and got a quote on having the truck towed to the mechanics… because it’s to big to get on a trailer and even if he could get it on a trailer we wouldn’t have anything to pull it with…  the quote was $180.  We don’t have $180, so again I handed it to God trusting  Him to provide.

This afternoon I began to see God’s hand at work.  Our mechanic made a house call!  He said we couldn’t replace just the piece that broke, the whole thing had to be replaced and it costs $400.  But then he said that it should still be under warranty so we shouldn’t have to pay anything! And, he thinks he can come here and fix it well enough to be driven to the shop so we won’t have to pay a wrecker!

I may not know yet just exactly how God’s going to work all this out… but I know that He will!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

and again I say rejoice!

Unknown said...

Wow Lisa, I agree that God allows things to happen for a reason. The first thing I thought (before finishing the blog) was I wondered if you'd
consider Dave...
You did much more than that! You asked and trusted in God! Awesome sister!!