Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Monday, February 28, 2011

Grace

I’ve been turning around a post on grace based parenting in my head… but Sally beat me to it, and said it much better than I ever could!

So go read it here!

Showing grace to my boys does not come naturally to me… big surprise. But the more I do the more I come to appreciate the grace God shows to me.

It’s so easy to expect immediate, cheerful, constant obedience (notice I said expect… not receive!!) from my kids… then I turn right around and expect God to be understanding and forgiving when I fail… and I’m so thankful that He is!!  How hypocritical of me to expect something of children that I’m not even capable of!

No comments: