Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Friday, January 21, 2011

Lullaby

When my babies were babies I would often spend hours rocking and singing to them.  One of my favorites to sing to them was “Hold to God’s Unchanging Hand”.  

There are many things I hope to teach to my boys… and some they take to easier than others.  But with all the worldly knowledge I try to impart to them, if I fail to teach them to trust in God… I’ve failed them.  What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?

The words to this song are my prayer for my children.

Time is filled with swift transition, not of earth unmoved can stand.  Build your hopes on things eternal. Hold to God’s unchanging hand.

Trust in Him who will not leave you, whatsoever years may bring.  If by earthly friends forsaken, still more closely to Him cling.

Covet not this world’s vain riches, that so rapidly decay.  Seek to gain the heavenly treasure, that will never fade away.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love that scripture and that song :)Thank you for posting. As I start our 2nd semester of school it was a great reminder of what my priorities need to be!