Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dave Ramsey

 

A friend of mine is getting ready to lead a Dave Ramsey class so I borrowed one of his books from another friend to look through… It was looking pretty grim until I got to the “Keeping Up With The Jones’” section, I passed that one with flying colors. 

I was to rate these as to how important they are to me… how important is my “image”…

1. Paying for dinner with a gold or platinum credit card – don’t have one so not to important

2. Getting complimented on my brand of watch – don’t wear one, again not to important

3. Wearing designer clothes – wouldn’t even know where to go to buy designer clothes, nope not to important

4. Living in a nice neighborhood – I live in a logging camp scattered with farm implements, that’s all I have to say about that

5. Having people be envious of my car – ok, admit it, y’all are all totally jealous of the flatbed

I guess there’s always a silver lining… we may be broke but at least we’re not prideful!!

 

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh yeah totally jealous of the ole' truck!! I thought it was mine everyone wanted!! Have a blessed day..that's too funny!!

Jennifer Kindle said...

this was funny....I'm a little jealous of the truck as well...I could totally haul all the junk in my garage away if I had it. I think the farm equipment add a nice touch....junk think...the visitor to the alligator farm always know where to turn! We love you...just like you are! (love covers a multitude right!!) j/k

Lisa said...

Ha! I knew it! Unfortunately not everyone can be as cool as me ;)