Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Choices

 

I’ve been pondering choices the last few days…. what brings a person to the place that they would choose destruction for their house?

I’d like to be able to sit back and judge harshly and say that will never be me, or point to one choice as the one that made everything go downhill… but I’ve fought this fight long enough to know it’s never that simple.

Joshua 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

“Choose you this day”… every day, every minute, we’re making choices.  Will we choose to serve God or will we choose to let sin reign? 

It’s easy to feel like we’re ‘getting away with it’ when we don’t face immediate consequences for our sin.  Then, before we know it, that one little sin that we thought we had control of grows and has control of us.

Gal 6:7-8  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Choices… we either choose corruption or we choose life everlasting.  There is no door number three. 

I end with this thought…  

1 John 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

been thinking on this lately...it's either righteousness or corruption.....minute by minute...can't let our guard down. Good post...haven't read any in a while so I'm all caught up now! :)