Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lazy Days

 

We stayed out way to late last night visiting with friends… luckily we don’t have to get up early for school!!  Reason #357 we homeschool!

The kids rolled out of bed at the crack of 10 a.m., ate brunch and we got to work.  I decided reason #358 to homeschool is that we get to set our own schedule so today was a lazy day.

We start with bible/devotions/prayer… this week we’re learning to listen more and talk less… it’s a work in progress, but I’m sowing seeds!

Snuggling up and reading on this gray rainy day suited me fine so I read a chapter from “God has a Plan for Little Boys” next, and we talked about how God has a plan for their lives and great things in store for them.  Then we read about the Ajanta Caves in India for history and looked at pictures online.

They sailed through handwriting and math.  Travis will finish his math book this week.  He’s mastered single and multiple digit addition and subtraction, multiplication and division facts, multiple digit multiplication and long division… next up the wild world of fractions!

Quick spelling lessons and Travis took a science test and we called it a day! 

I resorted our home library and organized most of the books by reading level, so they spent part of the afternoon laying around reading.  We have books I didn’t know we had thanks to donations from family!  I keep saying I’m going to start hitting garage sales to pick up books but I never seem to find the time… I really need to do that though… and buy more bookcases, bookcases would be great!

As part of my ‘no more threatening or nagging’ plan I told the boys we would make cookies once their room and the living room were clean.  Our chewy chocolate cookies turned out kinda crunchy, but at least the rooms are clean!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to always be willing to share how God has blessed and moved for me and my family.  In the last week He has moved in three areas where I know it had to be Him.

First, Brian had been sick for weeks, went to the doctor 3 times and would get a little better for a few days and then feel worse again.  Finally one night we were finishing our devotions and he said he thought he needed to go to the doctor again, so I asked if he wanted to pray about it and he agreed. We prayed and he started feeling better the next day and is now doing much better!

Second, we had some unexpected expenses this month. No matter how I figured it we still came out needing about $500 more than we would have… and that’s not even planning for groceries, believe it or not these people around here think they need to eat every single day!!  So I prayed about it and gave it over to God.  Just about every day last week someone contacted Brian with a job for him! He hasn’t gotten paid for everything yet, but so far we’ve been able to pay everything on time and it looks like we’ll be able to do the same for these last two bills!

Third, my phone rang a few day ago, I didn’t know the number so I almost didn’t answer it.  The person wanted to ask me a few questions about my church, I answered them still not knowing who it was.  Turned out it was someone I’d talked to for maybe 2 minutes, 3 MONTHS AGO, about something totally unrelated to church!  It blessed me more than I can say to see first hand how God can touch lives.  He is truly able to put that hunger in people’s hearts… and He can do it all by Himself.  All He needs is a people willing reach out and be a friend!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

lazy, God-ordained days are the best