Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Thursday, August 19, 2010

School Days

 

Normally by the middle of July I’m super excited to start back to school, everything planned and organized and ready to go.  This year… not so much!  The garden made longer than usual so I was still picking and canning and all that good stuff right up to time for us to start school… but we did start and it’s gone pretty good!

100_1198Travis is in 4th grade, it’s been a bit of an adjustment… lots more writing… but he’s doing great.  He’s all into posing for pictures lately, he’s trying to sneak a grin into this one!

100_1199Jake started Kindergarten… he loves it and thankfully I can count on him to be excited about school and have a good attitude!  He was the one begging to start this year.

100_1196Cade started 2nd grade… and asks me every day if he can drop out! A few days ago we were reviewing subtraction facts and after fidgeting and staring into space for ages he asked me “Why do I have to figure it out??”  Umm… because I already know it!

100_1207   100_1202  100_1203  We studied the ‘early days of Britain’ this week so today the boys were Celts complete with face paint and a mini war!

 

 

 

100_1209Cade is making a lapbook of ancient civilizations.  I decided to do this at the last minute, which is why we have the mismatched folders!    So far he’s only worked on the cover, I’ll put up more pictures later… I think this is going to be really cool.

100_1211

There’s a map showing locations of the different civilizations.  He’s not much for coloring… can you tell?

100_1212

And a timeline… pretty cool!

 

2 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

fun times...my kids are excited too...mainly about the new desks I think but still...any excitement is good. talk soon

Lisa said...

yes... I'll take any excitement!