Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Trying Something New

 

Want to hear something funny??

I’ve started eating mostly vegetarian!

I can hear you now “But Lisa, you don’t like vegetables!!”

I know…. I’m SOOO hungry!

Just kidding, truthfully I can tolerate most vegetables and even like a few… just not raw.

I’d been hearing a lot about the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and finally watched it a few weeks ago.  I was inspired!

So I started juicing for breakfast and one other time during the day, and then eating mostly vegetables the rest of the day. 

I feel so much better… I didn’t realize I had felt bad until I started feeling good but wow… what a change!

I still eat a little cheese when I want and tuna a couple of times a week.  If I’m out somewhere and want something non-vegetable… I eat it.  I’m not just determined to only eat vegetarian/vegan.

But I’ve noticed that I don’t crave the other stuff as much.  And when I do eat it I feel so icky afterward that it kinda takes the fun away!

The coolest difference I’ve noticed is I’m not as stiff as I was.  I can sit with my legs tucked under me and then get up and walk without hobbling like an old person!

That’s pretty nice!!

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

haha! I understand the hobbling like an old person bit! way to go, Lisa!

Katie said...

Way to go, Lisa! I am glad to hear you are feeling well eating this way :)

Jennifer Kindle said...

Wow...lisa....a veggie girl? Im totally impressed. I hate meat honestly.....hate how it makes me feel....I just like that its free most of the time!