Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Press Toward the Mark

 

It’s funny how God works, these thoughts came to me tonight during the worship service… then my pastor got up and preached right along these same lines.

Sometimes I feel the Lord’s so close that I can almost talk with Him face to face… here lately it’s felt more like a long distance phone call.  I’m thankful for the times when my walk with God is a little more uphill, it makes me appreciate the comfortable times more. 

These are a few of the verses that came to my heart when I was talking with the Lord tonight…

Philippians 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Jude 1:3  Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

No comments: