Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Boy Logic

 

I told this story to my friend Jennifer and she told me I needed to blog about it… so Jen this one’s for you!

The other day we were getting ready to go to science co-op so I called the boys in so I could inspect their hands and faces.  They are building a tree house in a cedar tree and the combination of sap and dirt is not good. 

Jake was clean so I sent him to the car.  I checked Cade… he looked clean, sent him to the car.  Then I called Travis and his hands were nasty so I sent him to clean up.  This was our conversation…

Me: Go wash your hands, they’re nasty.

Travis: Cade was touching a dead fish.

Me: Why was Cade touching a dead fish???

Travis: It was in the tree.

Me: Why is there a dead fish IN THE TREE??????

Travis: It was alive yesterday.

Me: Why was there a LIVE fish in the tree???

Travis: It was our pet.

That’s when I gave up.  I did find out later that the fish had been in a bucket of water in the tree. 

Oh, and if you read my facebook update the other day, this was a different fish from the one in the net!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, the joys of boys. At least it wasn't in the washing machine because one of them had it in their pocket.

Jennifer Kindle said...

so glad to hear again..it is still funny!!