Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Friday, November 4, 2011

Busy, Busy

 

I told a friend the other day that I felt like I was about to have a nervous breakdown… I was teasing… mostly.

I’m not that far gone, but these last few months are catching up with me.  We’ve been busy, busy, busy and that just doesn’t jive with my introverted personality. I’m letting things slide, forgetting things, dropping the ball… totally out of character for me.

Last Saturday morning I decided not to have class with the little ones so I could sit out and hear the preaching.  I was getting over a cold and didn’t feel 100% but really that was just a handy excuse. 

It was so good… he preached just to me!  One of the last things said was that we all need a time to get away by ourselves.  That’s what I’ve been missing… quiet time. Time just to think and be. My hour of prayer.

Wednesday I felt off kilter all day.  I don’t know if the boys were especially crazy or I was especially short-tempered but it was a hard day.  Starting about mid-afternoon the thought kept coming to me that I should just stay home from church that night… rest.  Put the kids to bed early and enjoy the quiet.

We did go… and I was so glad.  As soon as I walked in I felt that off feeling lifting from me.  The song service was great, I could feel the presence of God so strong.  And the preaching spoke right to my heart.

I’m so thankful for a place to worship with others, for anointed preaching that convicts, encourages and uplifts.  But mostly I’m thankful for that well of living water that’s in me.  That I don’t ever have to go without. 

Sometimes I have to be reminded that even when life’s crazy and rushed there is still peace in God.  I get busy and then get bogged down in my busyness… I’m so thankful for the reminder that His peace is always with me.  And it’s not being lazy or selfish to need to get away for a while everyday.