Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh, Soul So Far Astray

 

I know there are people who think that “being good” is all it takes to make heaven, but yesterday was the first time I’d actually talked with someone who felt that way.  It breaks my heart that Jesus paid such a price for us and people either don’t know or don’t want to acknowledge his sacrifice.  “Being good” is a side effect of being saved, it’s not what gets you there.  There is only one way to God, Jesus said anyone who tries to come in any other way is a thief and a robber.

This song has been on my heart all day.  It’s my prayer for that woman and for everyone else who thinks they’ve found another way… “Oh, soul so far astray, come and plunge today in the blood that stained the old rugged cross”

(sorry it’s so shaky… this is the best video I could find in my quick search)

No comments: