Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Glory of God

 

I felt it yesterday as I prayed in advance for our bible study and all the women involved… it built as we gathered together and prayed in His Name for a sweet sister whose battling cancer… it built more today as I met with friends and broke the bread of life with them over lunch… it built even more as I prayed off and on throughout the day for different people and needs in my life… and then tonight as my pastor stood up and proclaimed the promises of God it burst out of and over me.  Rivers of living water flowing out. 

People who know me know how I am, and that doesn’t change when I walk through the church doors.  I’m not (usually) loud, don’t like drawing attention to myself, I’d rather just hang out in the background and be a wallflower.  But when the glory of God comes down there’s no holding back!

I’ve stood on mountains and stood in awe of His creation, I’ve stared up at the stars and wondered at His awesomeness, I’ve held my newborn babies and been overcome by His workings and attention to detail… but there is nothing like surrendering totally to the presence of God!  Leaving everything else behind and worshipping Him with all that I am… feeling His glory come down and those rivers of living water flowing out, nothing can compare!

I don’t know, we may whisper and sit quietly in awe when we finally make it to heaven… but I have a feeling there will be a little shouting and leaping for joy on those hills of glory, too!!  What a privilege to get a small taste of that here on earth!

2 comments:

Katie said...

How Awesome it is to be fully in the presence of Jesus! To be surrendered to the Lord of Hosts!

Jennifer Kindle said...

I don't know how I missed this post put I'm glad I saw it now....so thankful for a friend who wants more of Jesus too!!!