Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Speak the Word

 

We’ve had a wonderful beginning to the revival.  The first night was good, the second even better, but last night you could really feel everyone in one mind and one accord reaching out to God. 

The sermon last night was on speaking God’s Word.  John 6:63 says “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”  God’s word is life, it is powerful.  And if we have His Spirit in us He wants to speak through us.

Jesus said in John 12 that He spoke the words the Father told Him to speak and in John 5 that He did the things the Father showed Him to do.  Well, if we have that same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead, then we have that Word living in us…. it’s life, let it come forth! 

In Matthew 8 the centurion said “Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.”  Just speak the Word. 

Matthew 21:21 “If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.” Speak the Word.

Ezekiel 37, I won’t quote the whole thing but God told Ezekiel to speak to the dry bones.  God told him what to say, and when Ezekiel obeyed God caused it to happen. 

Isaiah 55:11 “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

Speak God’s Word and great things will happen.  Jesus said we would do even greater things than He did….. imagine that!

 

 

That’s the condensed version!  I left my notes at church so I know I’m forgetting a lot.  If you haven’t made it out yet I encourage you to come…. you won’t leave disappointed! 

No comments: