Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Monday, June 14, 2010

Can You Hear It??

 

And when David enquired of the LORD, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.  And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the LORD go out before thee     2 Samuel 5:23-24

Can you hear that rustling? 

This has been on my heart for a while. When I look with my natural eyes it’s not always apparent that God is moving.  Oh, but when I close my eyes, I hear a rustling in the tops of the trees.  God is on the move and I don’t want to be left out because I was looking with my natural eyes and not my spiritual eyes. 

In 2 Kings ch.8 the king of Syria came out to fight against Israel…

And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?  And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.  And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

The army of God was there the whole time but the servant couldn’t see them until God opened his eyes. God is moving all the time but if our eyes aren’t opened we’ll miss it.

Do you hear the rustling?  Can you see how God is moving?

So many little things I’m seeing, small things God is doing, small changes in people’s hearts… on their own they don’t seem like much, but all together they add up to big things!

I’m excited to see what God’s going to do next!  From the small things He speaks to my heart to the big ways He makes things fall into place, I don’t want to take any of it for granted.