Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wake Up

 

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.   The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.  Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.   But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.  Romans 13:11-14

What an exciting time to be serving the Lord!

Our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed… the day is at hand… I wonder what God has planned for today?

 

In my walk with God there have been a few times when He has reached down and instantly changed me, changed my priorities.  Suddenly things that were important to me lose their importance.  Wants and ‘rights’ I’ve been holding tight to and justifying just melt away.

One of these times was last week.  I was walking through my house and the verse came to me “it is high time to awake out of sleep.”

That was it.  Doesn’t sound like much.  But right there I surrendered to God and He changed me.

How exciting is that?!?!

The most tangible change I’ve seen is suddenly, after months of scraping by, our finances are back in order.  It had gotten to the point that I didn’t even make a budget the last two months because it was taking every bit just to pay bills that were due, forget saving for taxes or insurance or whatnot.  Today I was able to put money into savings, AND go to Sam’s to stock back up, AND the bills are paid!

That’s not what’s exciting though.

The most exciting changes are the renewed hunger I have for the Word of God and the renewed press I feel to spend time in prayer.  The changes I’m seeing in my boys and my husband.  God is molding and shaping us, changing attitudes and touching hearts.  It’s thrilling to watch in them and experience in myself!!

No comments: