Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Learning a Foreign Language

 

One of the subjects that always gets pushed to the side in our school is learning a foreign language.  Every year I say this will be the year we get serious with it and every year I put it off.

We joined a new library that offers a free online foreign language course… so I decided this would be the year we got serious.  Then we started school and I got tired.

Yesterday began our seventh week of school so in an effort to finally get serious I logged on to the library website and pulled up the list of languages available.

There are probably 20 different languages to pick from and my kids picked….

Are you ready????

PIRATE

Yes, Pirate! Out of that whole list Pirate is what they zoomed in on.

So when you see my boys ask them how to say, “Oh my stars, the ship is sinking!” in Pirate.

Good to see we’re finally getting serious with our foreign language study!

3 comments:

Sis. Michelle said...

that is to cute....

Jennifer Kindle said...

Argh, mite!

Katie said...

LOL! I LOVE IT! At least there is NEVER a dull moment...right?!?!?