Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Learning to drive

Brian's teaching me to drive his truck..... it's a lot of fun... not!!!

Somehow, out of the four children in our house growing up, I was the only one never taught to drive a standard. I learned on an automatic and that's all I've ever driven.... until now. In an effort to spend our money more wisely I'm trying to learn so that when my van dies I can drive his truck instead of having to buy a new vehicle. Only problem is his truck is HUGE.... and a stick.... and scares me to death. But I can do this. I will persevere!!!

Today we borrowed my brothers normal size truck for me to practice. Oh, joy!!

Brian: Let off
Me: LET OFF WHAT?!?

Brian: There's a car, slow down
Me: HOW????

Me: Ok, so when I need to stop what do I do?
Brian: sigh I just told you a minute ago
Me: WELL TELL ME AGAIN!!!!

We won't talk talk about how many times it died when I tried to take off.... or how the gear shift knob CAME OFF IN MY HAND while I was shifting...... or how I was driving along at a speedy 30 mph and came to a flooded creek and he wouldn't tell me how to stop. But I will say I didn't wreck and I don't think I did any permanent damage to Chad's truck!!

All in all I think I did pretty good..... but if you see me coming in a big ole blue truck you might want to get far away!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lisa, you crack me up! I love reading your blog. Thank you for posting! I remember when I learned to drive a standard...it was a big ole blue truck too! Thoses were the days....:)