Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

Friday, January 22, 2010

This Little Light of Mine

Our power was knocked out during the storms Wednesday evening. The boys thought it was a great adventure to eat and get ready for church by lamp light but when bed time came it was a whole 'nother story!!

They sleep with a night light so I lit a small candle and set it up high on a shelf in their room.... and threatened them within an inch of their life if they bumped the shelf or threw anything in the room! Of course it was pitch black in their room and they weren't to sure how much light one little candle would give, but when I went back to check on them they were sound asleep and that one little candle was giving out enough light to light up the whole room.

It got me thinking about myself. I often doubt that I'm much of a light to anyone. I don't get out much and I'm not very outspoken as a general rule. But that little candle reminded me that we shouldn't doubt our witness or think that what we do doesn't count for anything. We may never know who we're shedding light on but even a small light is bright in darkness.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Matthew 5: 14-15

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis. Lisa I just wanted to let you know that you do let your light shine alot more than you think. You encourage me alot, you may not realize. You are a true witness for Christ.
Your Sister in Christ

Jennifer Kindle said...

thanks for this post. you are a light.

Katie said...

Lisa, Thanks for this post. I think we all feel like this more than we voice! You are a light, a bright and shining one!